Mission, Vision & Core Values
Together, we strive to make Tel Hai a wonderful place to live and work through a shared mission, vision and core values. As a unified community that’s all rowing in the same direction, we’re Redefining Retirement® with every interaction between team members, residents, families and the greater community.
Mission: Motivated by Christ’s love for all, our covenant is to provide a vibrant, caring community that enhances the lives of those served.
Vision: To be an innovative Christian community, to inspire respect and purpose for each individual, and to excel in providing quality service.
Core Values: Building on the foundation of Tel Hai Retirement Community’s Mennonite faith heritage, the services we provide today continue to flow from our Christian faith identity. Exemplified in the love of Christ, our faith guides us to embrace the following core values:
- Integrity: We pledge to be honest and trustworthy in all that we do, fostering strong relationships built on accountability and honesty.
“The integrity of the upright guides them.”
- Compassion: We commit to demonstrate, through actions and relationships, Christ-like love, kindness, understanding, and acceptance and, in so doing, honor the dignity and well-being of everyone we serve.
“Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.”
- Trust: We seek to promote an environment which recognizes the worth of each individual, encourages empowerment and collaboration and values transparency in behavior and authentic communication.
“Show that you can be fully trusted.”
- Stewardship: We seek to promote an environment which recognizes the worth of each individual, encourages empowerment and collaboration and values transparency in behavior and authentic communication.
“Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful.”
1 Corinthians 4:2
- Community: We value a sense of belonging, a place where all feel accepted and treat each other with mutual respect, where a connection forged between residents, staff and volunteers empowers us, and where teamwork and fellowship are offered to all.
“Look out for the interests of others.”